General Summary: The Asset Manager is responsible for monitoring the performance of multiple operating properties and business ventures, including office, retail and multifamily assets. They will work collaboratively with key members of the property management, leasing and construction teams to maximize the value of each asset.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the reporting process for each asset, including business plan management and routine financial reporting.
- Lead the development and implementation of annual asset level business plans.
- Help define and oversee capital improvement plans that consider the lifecycle of each asset.
- Track market conditions and provide recommendations to maintain a competitive asset position.
- Prepares financial analyses to support lease recommendations
- Analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual property performance as compared to budget, underwriting and market.
- Assist with capital management of the asset including cash flow forecasting, loan management and lender reporting.
- Responsible for monitoring the property management team in alignment with key objectives and deadlines.
- Aid in the advancement of process improvement initiatives and systems improvements necessary for a growing company.
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts on business, industries and economic conditions for use in making investment decisions.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining complex financial models in Excel.
- Interpret data and organize analyses in clear and concise reporting.
- Identify key business drivers and strategies, interpret financial data, and present key findings and recommendations to improve results.
- Review, interpret and abstract relevant investment information including leases, financial statements, market studies, appraisals, loan agreements and budgets.
- Management of team members, deliverables and deadlines that enables fast, effective decision making.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in commercial real estate asset management or property management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Real Estate required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with multiple real estate asset classes is preferred, including office, retail, & multifamily assets.
- Experience in underwriting commercial real estate investments, managing lender relationships and closing transactions.
- Dynamic thinker with the ability to juggle multiple deliverables and analyze complex investments.
- Expert in Excel and experience with the Microsoft suite of products, MRI and Spread Sheet Server systems preferred.
- Experience training & managing employees.
- Strong comprehension of investment dynamics and financial metrics including NPV, IRR, DCF modeling, and financial statement analysis.
- Experience in MRI and Spread Sheet Server systems preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding and oversight of financial management and reporting to influence key decision making in the business.
- Exceptional leadership qualities including effective communication, cooperation, and conflict resolution skills
- Driven, results-oriented team player with a high level of integrity.
- Aptitude for problem solving and creative thinking.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with an ability to work with minimal supervision, effectively coordinate, manage, and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities; proficiency in writing business reports.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Operates with the utmost standard of ethics and integrity.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically able to do assigned work as outlined above. Must be physically able to sit and use the computer as required.
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively with other individuals.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.