General Summary: The Financial Analyst role will focus on underwriting commercial real estate development projects and will be responsible for providing underwriting & development support to multiple departments within the company. Areas of focus will include a variety of asset classes in multiple geographic areas. The role requires a high degree of analytical skill, initiative, and business judgment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Research, analyze and underwrite a wide variety of real estate investment types and structures, including commercial and residential real estate assets.
- Prepare presentations and reports for internal and external use
- Routinely track and report on the financial health of each asset, including proformas, project budgets, cash flow forecasts, asset valuations and loan draws.
- Assist in the preparation of business plans, budgets and performance projections.
- Coordinate activities across multiple departments & consultants to keep projects on budget and schedule.
- Prepare presentations for senior management
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts on business, industries, economic conditions and specific assets for use in making investment decisions.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives.
- Analyze large amounts of sometimes ambiguous or incomplete information to identify relevant facts and trends.
- Ensure accurate and timely information to enable quick decision making.
- Develop robust toolkit of reports and information that enable fast, effective decision making.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in in real estate banking, real estate underwriting, or real estate development preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate or other related discipline required
- Expertise in excel based modeling required.
- Experience with multiple real estate asset classes is preferred.
- Strong comprehension of investment dynamics and financial metrics including NPV, IRR, DCF modeling, and financial statement analysis.
- Experience in MRI and Spread Sheet Server systems preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding and oversight of financial management and reporting to influence key decision making in the business.
- Exceptional leadership qualities including effective communication, cooperation, and conflict resolution skills
- Driven, results-oriented team player with a high level of integrity.
- Aptitude for problem solving and creative thinking.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with an ability to work with minimal supervision, effectively coordinate, manage, and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities; proficiency in writing business reports.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Operates with the utmost standard of ethics and integrity.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically able to do assigned work as outlined above. Must be physically able to sit and use the computer as required.
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively with other individuals.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.