Title: Sr. Project Manager (Condominiums)
Immediate Manager: Director of Development
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (additional hours as needed)
FLSA Status: Exempt
General Summary: Manages all aspects of the Pier Sixty-Six luxury residential development process from concepts through project turnover (delivery) ensuring project stays on schedule and within budget
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicates regularly with various team members regarding the status of current projects; obtains executive guidance and approval as required to advance projects
- Reviews, quality controls and value engineers all aspects of the construction drawings using knowledge from engineering, construction means and methods, and experience to optimize the overall design process
- Reviews and understand established and required Easements.
- Establish strategies to facilitate permit submissions and approvals with various AHJ’s.
- Develop working budgets to track against approved budgets through the life-cycle of the development.
- Updates Development Budgets and Cashflows as required.
- Coordinates bid process including contractor selection and contract execution
- Works with selected CM firm to manage contractors, subcontractors and consultants to plan, organize and direct construction activities.
- Reviews and approves pay applications
- Reviews and approves change orders including assessing cost and schedule impact
- Understands and enforce contractual responsibilities, contract documents and resolve disputes. Individual needs to be proactive and engage team members in problem solving.
- Participates with land development team in all aspects of development including: Acquisitions, Due diligence, Entitlements, Amenities design.
- Performs field inspections and monitors field work as needed.
- Provide written monthly reports of construction progress, budget, schedule, and any issues affecting the project.
- Perform other duties as requested
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to participate in the conceptual development of a construction project, coordinate all activities related to the construction of sitework, condominiums, retail and parking structures. Marina work is also preferred.
- Must be able to maintain a positive and productive work attitude and a team orientated mind-set
- Must have knowledge and experience required to promptly resolve complex land development issues in the planning, design and construction phases.
- Must be able to maintain good relations with employees, supervisors and the public.
- Must have experience with vertical mixed-use construction including bidding, budgeting, contracting and vertical construction supervision
- Must have knowledge of the City of Ft. Lauderdale, and other AHJs for the permit and inspection process
- Previous demonstrated experience managing large scale luxury condominium projects.
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple demands
- Experience in administrative management of projects
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
Education and Experience
- Degreed engineers (structural and civil options preferred) or Construction Mgmt with at least 7 years of project management experience. Degreed with 7+ years of project management experience in development and construction will also be considered.
- Experience must include supervisory experience on luxury multi-story residential projects.
- Previous experience working with MS Office required. Scheduling and Project Management Software experience preferred but not required.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically able to do assigned work as outlined above. Must be physically able to sit and use the computer as required.
- Must be able to walk stirs and navigate rough and uneven terrain during on-site inspections.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to communicate (written and verbal) in English effectively with other individuals.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.