Title: Project Manager
General Summary: The Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the design, implementation and management of civil infrastructure and area development improvements primarily for residential land development. The PM will have experience managing civil engineering and site design, purchasing, procurement tracking, and overall project management for land development project(s). This individual will also have a proven track record of collaboration with internal development and construction stakeholders, as well as external business partners and governmental agencies, as necessary to deliver planned site improvements on time and within budget.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage Tavistock’s undeveloped land holdings including permits, agricultural exemptions, environmental considerations, etc.
- Oversee residential and/or commercial infrastructure planning, design, and buildout including roadways, water, wastewater, reclaimed water, stormwater, power, and communications
- Oversee directly and through supporting project roles, both internal and external 3rd party stakeholders, to ensure subcontractors, labor, and material requirements for individual contracts are achieved
- Ensure all projects are carried out in alignment with statutory regulations, current standards, and company quality assurance procedures
- Prepare project proposals, budgets, and timelines and manage staff to complete projects on time and within budget
- Responsible for direct interactions with and management of relations with government agencies
- Attend government meetings with officials and public hearings
- Coordinate project schedules with the ability to multitask, and manage quality and budget control
- Responsible for budget preparation and management, scheduling, management of lots and entitlements and liaising with surveyors and consultants for efficient development operations
- Develop strategic plans and practices that support, and best meet current and future business needs for infrastructure and site development
- Prepare executive level summary reports, as well as maintaining electronic company filing.
- Dispute-related analyses such as delay, impact, differing site conditions, cost and damages as well as lost productivity analyses
- Position will require field time to walk projects and report accordingly.
- Detail project and program reviews for large capital programs
- Oversee business process assessments and contract compliance audits
- Other duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Planning is preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of experience on large scale residential or commercial development projects with heavy emphasis on infrastructure and area development.
- Practical knowledge of design, and construction engineering concepts
- Knowledge of costs associated with infrastructure and sitework in the preparation and/or review of estimates
- Demonstrated familiarity with all aspects of land development, ranging from conceptual design, engineering design, and construction for residential and commercial projects
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify critical path tasks and without exception execute on those tasks
- Experience in expert report preparation
- Proactive individual with strong drive, ambition, and enthusiasm
- Able to supervise the work of others
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize changing work loads
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and be resourceful
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Significant project management and problem-solving experience
- Verifiable track record of effective project management, which includes strong strategic thinking and successful execution with technical and intellectual resources
- Radiate a high level of contagious energy, not complacent or content with status-quo
- Strong ability to problem-solve while not sacrificing project goals
- Maintain a dual focus on the big picture and the details
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to interface and influence all levels of management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs including Excel, Project, Word and Outlook
- Experience and training with project management software
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically able to do assigned work as outlined above
- Must be physically able to sit and use the computer for hours at a time
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively with other individuals
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.