General Summary: The Sr. Director of Finance is responsible for developing, leading, and managing the financial forecasting and analysis exercises, focusing on the operating health of the company. They will work collaboratively with key members of the leadership team to develop and support strategic initiatives and special projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the company’s corporate level, financial reporting processes including cash flow forecasting and budget management.
- Assist in developing the long-term strategic plan in coordination with the Executive Team.
- Oversight of the asset management process for several key asset classes.
- Underwriting, managing and closing of real estate loans, corporate debt facilities and bonds.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives and identify requirements for enhancing existing financial reporting and planning systems.
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts on business, industries, economic conditions and specific assets for use in making investment decisions.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining complex financial models in Excel.
- Interpret data and organize analyses in clear and concise reporting.
- Identify key business drivers and strategies, interpret financial data, and present key findings and recommendations to improve results.
- Review, interpret and abstract relevant investment information including leases, financial statements, market studies, appraisals, loan agreements and budgets.
- Management of team members, deliverables and deadlines that enables fast, effective decision making.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in finance or commercial real estate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Real Estate required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in underwriting commercial and residential real estate investments, managing lender relationships and closing transactions.
- Experience with managing or developing multiple real estate asset classes is preferred, including office, retail, multifamily, hotels & residential assets.
- Experience with Community Development Districts and issuing tax-exempt bonds preferred.
- Dynamic thinker with the ability to juggle multiple deliverables and analyze complex investments.
- Strong, effective communication skills; ability to work with and within multiple levels of the organization.
- Expert in Excel and experience with the Microsoft suite of products.
- Expertise in designing/developing efficient financial processes, systems, and reporting capabilities
- Experience in MRI and Spread Sheet Server systems preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding and oversight of financial management and reporting to influence key decision making in the business.
- Expertise leading change and business transformation preferred.
- Experience training & managing employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities; proficiency in writing business reports.
- Operates with the utmost standard of ethics and integrity.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically able to do assigned work as outlined above. Must be physically able to sit and use the computer as required.
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively with other individuals.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.