General Summary: The Financial Analyst – FP&A is responsible for preparing and managing the financial forecasting and analysis exercises pertaining to the operating health of the company. In addition, they will work collaboratively with organizational leaders to develop and support strategic initiatives and special projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with the coordination and management of the annual budgeting process, driving communication and accountability with budget managers.
- Assist with the development of the company’s routine cash flow forecasting process including data collection & analysis.
- Routine reforecasting of the company’s expected annual performance.
- Assist in developing the long-term strategic plan in coordination with the leadership team.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives.
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts on business, industries, economic conditions and specific assets for use in making investment decisions.
- Analyze large amounts of sometimes ambiguous or incomplete information to identify relevant facts and trends.
- Ensure accurate and timely information to enable quick decision making.
- Develop robust toolkit of reports and information that enable fast, effective decision making.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in financial planning & analysis.
- Previous experience working in real estate preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Expert in financial modeling.
- Experience in designing/developing efficient financial processes, systems, and reporting capabilities
- Experience in MRI and Spread Sheet Server systems preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding and oversight of financial management and reporting to influence key decision making in the business.
- Operates with a strategic, yet practical approach.
- Expert in Excel and experience with the Microsoft suite of products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities; proficiency in writing business reports.
- Operates with the utmost standard of ethics and integrity.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically able to do assigned work as outlined above. Must be physically able to sit and use the computer as required.
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively with other individuals.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.