UCF Lake Nona Medical Center
The University of Central Florida and HCA Healthcare’s North Florida Division new 64-bed medical and surgical adult teaching hospital within Lake Nona Medical City.
The University of Central Florida, in partnership with HCA Healthcare’s North Florida Division, will feature a new 100-bed medical and surgical adult teaching hospital. The medical center will be built adjacent to the UCF College of Medicine in Lake Nona Medical City. Construction began in Oct. 2018 and the new teaching hospital is expected to open to the public beginning Monday, March 1, 2021.
The new teaching hospital is expected to serve more than 17,000 residents in Lake Nona and surrounding communities in its first year and has generated an estimated 350 new jobs, including nurses, other skilled medical professionals and a wide variety of support positions.
The $175 million, three-story, 204,709-square-foot acute care hospital features:
- 24/7 emergency care
- 20-bed emergency department
- 64 inpatient beds with the space to expand to 80 beds; designed for up to 500 beds for future growth
- Inpatient and outpatient surgery
- Cardiopulmonary services and cardiac catheterization
- Comprehensive imaging and laboratory services
- Women’s Services including six private suites in the Family Birthing Unit
- Comprehensive list of medical specialties
- The latest technology designed to support quality patient-centered care and patient safety:
- “Smart” nurse call system alerts the care team of patient needs
- Digital display in every patient room provides real-time care plan and team information
- iMobile clinical communication tool
- SPOT monitoring system for early detection of sepsis
- MyHealthONE Patient Portal for online access to test results, patient registration and scheduling
- Real-Time Locating System improves safety and workflow efficiency, enhancing patient, staff and visitor experience
- Incisionless brain surgery with MRI-guided focused ultrasound technology provides life-changing treatment for essential tremors
- Digital newborn footprint identification safety system
- Electronic health record and computerized physician order entry